Travel Package / Pakej pelancongan trip to Egypt days and nights (activities & itineraries)
TOP THINGS TO DO:
1. Play Lawrence and Arabia! Do a Camel/Horse Adventure for hours at sunset! (4 PM-7 PM) Just riding with the late sunset winds along with the pinkish red sunset and the pyramids turning red is an experience you’ll never forget!
2. Go amok with the smells, the odors, the crowds, the colors, the antiques, souvenirs in the super crowded labyrinth of Khan al-Khalili!
3. Just eating the Koshari– it’s cheap and a unique HOT culinary experience!
4. Go star struck with the mummies and gold in the Egyptian Museum! Yes! Even if you hate museums, this museum is still worth it- especially the Tutukhamen room, his mask, caskets and his jewels are all in tact and it’s full of real pure gold!
5. Crossing the streets of Cairo! True! It’s already an adventure!
6. Taking the subway to Heliopolis, or any suburds- you’ll truly be stared at and you’ll feel like a superstar!
7. Visiting Coptic Cairo, it’s a clean and quiet labyrinth where (For Christian believers) Jesus Christ was said to be staying when he was living in Egypt.
8. Just strolling around Talaat Harb (A good location) at 1 in the morning! Just look at how busy the city still is! Just look at how full the Mc. Donalds is, how everyone is still busy shopping, looking at all the thousands of shoes for sale. It’s like a carnival!
9. Just relax at the Restaurant Bon Appetite by the American University, it’s a relaxing place with cheap (8 LE for chicken Parmigian) and good international food and just interact with the people!
Directions: Cairo is the capital of Egypt, and the biggest city in Africa- though it’s much more Middle Eastern in terms of character.
EGYPT TRAVEL PACKAGE – CAIRO TOUR – PAKEJ PELANCONGAN MESIR – TRAVEL INFO
Budget hotels (hotel murah) or backpackers for travel at Egypt / Cairo
Mohammed Ali Camp, Dahab ; Price: less than US$20
Mohammed Ali has got a lot of rooms round a big courtyard, some have air-condition and some have a fan, from some you can see the sea and from others you can’t.
Nefertiti Hotel ; Price: less than US$20
Directions how to go: Just off Sharia al-Karnak
Located near Luxor Temple and the bus station. The hotel is nice with English speaking, and helpful, staff. Breakfast is served on the roof and from there you can see the Nile.
In the room the big bed was comfortable, there was a bathroom and a small balcony, and a fan. Even though the hotel is located in the centre it is in a quiet place on a side street.
The Grand Hotel: Hurghada’s Grand Hotel
This is a 4 Star Hotel and we were more than pleased with it. The grounds are absolutely beautiful; acres of Palm Trees; flowers, etc. The beach is gorgeous and clean. Rows and rows of loungers; also water slides for kids; 3 pools; large playground with 2 trampolines; all walkways were made of marble.
Towels are provided when you go to the beach or pool. There are also lifeguards on the beach. The restaurants are all buffet style with a different theme each night. We had the half pension which was quite adequate. The restaurants are all very nice. There is only one where you can eat outside; this was nice to do early in the mornings.
Map of egypt – How to go there / transportation
There is a high-speed ferry a few times a week going from Sharm el Sheik to Hurghada. It is supposed to take 1,5 hour, but when I went with it took 3 hours. The sites on board are comfortable and there is a small snack bar selling coffee (6 pounds) and tea, coke, crisps and sandwiches. If you feel seasick you better sit in the middle in the middle. The ferry leaves Sharm at 6 pm. You will need your passport. A ticket was 250 pounds (July 2005).
Buses from Alexandria to Siwa leave from the bus station close to Sidi Gaber. But you can buy tickets from the office downtown (in the south western corner of Midan Saad Zaghloul) and it is good to do so at least a day before. A ticket is 27 pounds (August 2005) and the bus journey takes about 9 hours. There are a few buses going every day. Along the way the bus stops three times. First at a cafeteria, then in Marsa Matruh where it stays a bit longer, and finally at another cafeteria (close to where the road takes off to Qara Oasis).
When you have crossed the border at Taba you will be met by taxi drivers offering to take you to your destination in Sinai. But if you walk on, less than a km, you will come to the bus station and hopefully there will be a bus for you. If not you can always ask for a taxi here in peace and quiet.
Travel Guide and Tips
1. Bank card should have a FOUR digit pin code.
2. Dif. bank atm’s in Eg. accept dif. cards: Some take MC, some Visa, some both.
ATM Locater for VISA
ATM Locater for Mastercard/Maestro/Cirrus
3. ATMs provide money in Eg. pounds at the days exchange rate with minimal exchange fees. Usual charge for being from a dif. bank.
4. There are ALWAYS security issues in ANY country. For ex. in USA it is not unheard of for employees to steal customers card numbers from receipts. Here is a neat feature:
Pre-Paid ATM Cards
5. In case you lose a card, it is advisable to have a 2nd card on a 2nd bank.
Egypt uses 220 voltage so be sure to bring a power adapter and a power converter. The power adapter allows the item to be plugged into the wall and the power converter allows the current to be changed from 220 to 110 (which is what is used in the USA). If your item doesn’t have an internal converter built in, then you will need a both. The plugs in Egypt are usually 2 rounded prongs.
Bring the good backpack for the young ones and backpackers; get the trolley-strong type for the seniors and luxury travellers.
Bring the light and cotton ones for the summer time (March to September-October). Bring a jacket and trousers for the hikings and rail-bus trip. For the ladies, bring alternative layers; in case you see the dirty looks on the street from your mini dress. Good walking or sport shoes and more shocks will be a must.
Bring the emergency medicines for fever and diarrhea; the pantyliners are difficult to find in some areas too. Tissues, wet tissues or hand sanitizer in your bag all the time. Take the powder for your shoes and feet with you too.
Bring a big capacity of memory card, you are going to take thousands of great pictures here. Mini DVD for your handycam is difficult to find in some area.
Pack the beach gear if you are going to go at The Red Sea Area.
Many good and complete diving equipment in diving sites of Red Sea, dont burden yoursef with the heavy ones.